Please note that all seed available for purchase on our commercial website is large packaged seed. Large packaged seed is sold in clear and tan plastic packages. Paper seed packets are available for purchase through a separate order form.
- If you are a Consignment Seed Rack customer looking to refill your rack, click here for the consignment seed packet order form.
- If you are NOT part of our Consignment Seed Rack Program click here for our seed packet order form.
Large-Packaged Cabbage Varieties
- Chinese Michihili (75 Days): A cool weather crop that thrives in fertile, moist soil. The tall cylindrical plants of this improved strain grow 50cm(20") high with crisp sweet leaves that offer a hint of spice. Chinese cabbage stores very well.
- Early Copenhagen (68 Days): This heirloom variety produces uniform, globe shaped heads measuring 15cm (6") in diameter. This cabbage is firm and solid and is a productive and compact plant, which is great for home gardeners with a small plot.
- Golden Acre (63 Days): The earliest of the round-headed varieties. Golden Acre offers a 15-18cm (6-7") cabbage that weighs in at about 1.4kg (3lbs). Creamy-white inside, this variety is quite compact and can be densely planted.
- Red Acre (100 Days): This popular red cabbage has become a garden standard with its solid bright red head that grows to a generous size of 20cm (8") in diameter and 3kg (7lbs).
- Savoy Express Hybrid (55 Days): Head 15cm x 20cm (6"x8") in size. There has never been a cabbage like this All-American winner for 2000. Its super early maturity and taste set this apart from the rest. Most Savory cabbages tend to be somewhat bitter, but this one is sweet and makes marvelous coleslaw, sauerkraut and cabbage salads. Even the yellow-green colour is more interesting than common varieties. The compact growth and small heads allow for planting closer together. The texture is quite different from other cabbage. Early enough to mature in short season climates.
- Stonehead Hybrid (65 Days): Stonehead F1 is an early, medium-headed variety with tip burn tolerance. It's a compact plant with gray-green, round, very solid heads. This All American Selections winner produces heads with a crisp texture, that average 4lbs/ 2kg and about 15cm (6") in diameter. Stonehead Hybrid is a compact variety making it suitable for smaller garden plots.