Beans - Pole
Please note that all seed available for purchase on our commercial website is large packaged seed. Large packaged seed is sold in clear and tan plastic packages. Paper seed packets are available for purchase through a separate order form.
- If you are a Consignment Seed Rack customer looking to refill your rack, click here for the consignment seed packet order form.
- If you are NOT part of our Consignment Seed Rack Program click here for our seed packet order form.
Large-Packaged Pole Bean Varieties
- Blue Lake Pole (60 Days): This popular variety boasts an early harvest of round, straight, 18cm (7") long bright green pods that may be enjoyed fresh, frozen or canned for later use.
- Kentucky Wonder Green (65 Days): A vigorous climber, this old-fashioned variety bears a heavy crop of 15-20cm (6-8") long silvery green beans. Stringless if picked young, the curved, flavourful beans are grown on plants that reach over 150cm (5') in height.
- Kentucky Wonder Wax Yellow (70 Days): A traditional favorite pole bean with butter-yellow 20cm (8") long pods. This tasty, tender bean matures slightly later than Kentucky Wonder Green, but offers a generous crop.
- Scarlet Runner (65 Days): A vigorous green pole bean, Scarlet Runner is prized for its abundance of bright red blooms that attract hummingbirds and add a welcome splash of colour to the vegetable or ornamental garden. Medium green beans that are curved, 12cm (15") long and stringless if picked young are produced on vines that can reach over 300cm (10') in the air!